Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fast Forward through Fall, Winter & Now Almost Spring....

I wanted to start a blog...and did.
I wanted to be regular with my posting....haven't quite got that down yet.
(I did win a free e-course about blogging...and still have not found the time to sit down and actually do it. )

I do want to make mention that I have hit my very first blog milestone and have my very first follower! I'm that kind of nerd that I actually did a happy dance when I first found that out!

I have been feeling blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for the past few months. It started right after Thanksgiving and ended .... well, soon, I hope.  I do know that a large part of that is my underactive thyroid. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  And my TSH hormone, unbeknownst to me went from a wonderful .4 last May to a whopping right off the charts 14.6 by January. That would have a lot to do with my general state of blahness. And my lackadaisical  attitude, my lack of motivation, energy, desire, focus, strength, care... well, you get the idea by now.  We have readjusted my meds and hopefully by mid-March I'll be feeling right as rain. Hopefully. Please Lord??!!??

Needless to say, I haven't "felt" like posting, or like cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, going outside, exercising, crafting or shopping (gasp), or anything else, for that matter.  I know I "should" feel like doing those things, but then I can't muster up the whatever-it-is-you-need to do those things and then I feel even worse.  (I did have a burst of inspiration and joined Pinterest and have been happily pinning away, though.)

AND TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN WORSE:
I still haven't figured out my kitchen backsplash. (We finished the kitchen in July of 2010 - so by July of 2012 THAT BACKSPLASH WILL BE INSTALLED!!).  In a previous post (oh, who am I kidding, there have been only 3), I showed an inspiration pic of black tile/white grout, but have also been considering white tile/black grout. My countertops are black (they are not natural stone, but are black 'stone-like').


Jenny from "Little Green Notebook" and her mom installed the above tiles. See picture here

So I'm trying to mend my ways, get back on blog track, finish my backsplash and just plain feel better. Not necessarily in that order, but I'll take it as I get it.

If anyone stumbles upon my little neck of the blog-woods, let me know what you think about blacksplash ideas for a kitchen with white walls, white cabinets, black countertop.  Do you like the black tile/white grout or white tile/black grout?

No comments:

Post a Comment